Recently I needed to decline an update in SCCM 2012 so it wouldn’t install.
Remove / Decline Update
- Go to All Software Updates
- Find the Update you want to decline
- Highlight and right-click, then select Edit Membership
- Uptick all of the Software Update Groups and click OK
Stop automatic approval via Automated Deployment Rule
- Set the Custom Severity for the update you want to exclude to Low
- In the Automated Deployment Rule, add the Custom Severity field and set it to None. This will exclude any update(s) that are set to Low.